Our help center page for immigrants provides valuable resources and information to support and empower individuals who have recently immigrated to the United States. Whether you are seeking information on legal rights and services, educational opportunities, or resources to help you navigate the complexities of the immigration system, our help center page offers a wealth of useful information and guidance. Our organization is committed to providing comprehensive support and assistance to immigrants, and our help center page is just one of the many ways in which we strive to make a positive impact on the lives of those we serve. Explore our help center page for immigrants to learn more about the resources and services available to you, and to find the support you need to thrive in your new home.

1. Tourist Visa to the USA

It is possible to apply for a tourist visa for Ukrainian citizens at the US Embassy / Consulate of any country (with the exception of US Embassies / Consulates in countries that currently accept only residents of their countries). Different countries have different waiting times for interviews. Estimated waiting time for a potential city, the US Embassy / Consulate can be checked by following the link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html For a tourist visa, you must complete Form DS-160 (the form can be completed at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/; do not forget to write down your application ID, and save the form after each step). After filling out the DS-160 form, you must register on the site https://cgifederal.secure.force and pay the consular fee for a tourist visa. On the same website, you can make an appointment for an interview and request an expedited interview if the available date is only after an extended period. The request can, for example, indicate that there are relatives in the United States who are ready to provide financial and emotional support during your temporary stay in the United States due to the war in Ukraine. For Ukrainian citizens, you are not supposed to attach documents to confirm why they need to speed up the interview. Please remember that tourist visas are non-immigrant visas for temporary stay in the US. Tourist visas don’t allow them to work in the USA, and children are not allowed to go to schools because this is considered a violation of tourist status.

2 Humanitarian parole

Another way is humanitarian parole, which allows US immigration officials to accept immigrants without visas on humanitarian grounds. Humanitarian parole can be requested at the US border with Mexico or Canada. At the moment, for citizens of Ukraine, to request humanitarian parole, you only need a passport from Ukraine and the contact information of the host in the United States. According to the latest data, the waiting time for requesting humanitarian parole at the border with Mexico in the city of Tijuana is more than 28 hours. With Humanitarian Parole, you can apply for a work permit (this is a separate process and a work permit will not be issued automatically after the Humanitarian Parole is approved), and children can attend schools in the United States.

3. Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

Ukrainians who were in the United States on March 1, 2022, can apply for a Temporary Protected Status (TPS), which will give them the opportunity to legally stay in the United States for a period of 18 months and protect them from deportation. Registration for TPS is not yet open (should be open in the near future when TPS for Ukraine is entered into the Federal Register). TPS makes it possible to apply for a work permit.

4. Family reunion

For citizens of Ukraine, it is currently possible to speed up some types of petitions for reunification with relatives in the United States. You can request an expedited petition by calling USCIS at 1 (800) 375-5283 or online at the USCIS website through “Ask Emma”. If the expedited request is approved, USCIS promises to review petitions within 45 days. Please remember that even if your I-130 Family Petition is approved, you can only expedite the consular process for family categories that do not have a pending status. If you are a US citizen, then you can speed up the consular process for reunification with parents, spouses, and children under 21 who are not married. If you are a green card holder, then Reunification with spouses and unmarried children under 21 can be expedited (at the moment it is possible, but please consult with a lawyer before applying). The long wait for the consular process to reunite children over 21, married children, and siblings after the approval of the 130 Petition is still in effect.

5. Fiancé/Fiance Visa

If you have a Fiancé or Fiancé petition filed but not yet approved, you may request an expedited review of your petition with USCIS. Once approved, you can apply to the consulate for the K-1 visa itself. In Frankfurt, Germany, such requests are dealt with in an expedited manner.

*This article is for informational purposes and each case is individual and has its own nuances. Please consult with an attorney before submitting documents. Source: Certified lawyers in the USA

Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees (UHPs) are eligible for Medi-Cal and other public benefits. For refugees to be seen at the Refugee Clinic at FHCSD, they need to first make an application to Medi-Cal. FHCSD has Enrollment Specialists that will assist with making the application to Medi-Cal. They can be reached at (619) 515-2363. Please click this link for more information: https://www.fhcsd.org/insurance-enrollment/. Once the application to Medi-Cal for the UHP has been submitted, we can schedule you for a visit. Please see the process outlined below. Send an email to refugeecare@fhcsd.org and include the following documents for each person: Confirmation of application submission to Medi-Cal I-94 I-130, I-131, I-134 (if they have it) Scanned or photo of their first page of passport Any US stamps in passport (scanned or photo) First and Last Name Date of Birth Gender Address and Phone Number Once the health screening/assessment is completed, the UHPs will have the option to be connected ongoing care at FHCSD. Please let us know if you have any questions. You can reach us by email: info@slavics.org

Slavics.org partnered with Art of Learning to give Ukrainians an opportunity for free education. These past months were tough for Ukrainians, the war took their homes and forced a lot of people to leave the country. Russian missiles destroyed hundreds of educational institutions. What does Art of Learning in partnering with Slavic Refugees & Immigrants Service Organization offer? The program will connect a child with a high school tutor specializing in that subject, and a representative of Art of Learning will communicate with the student’s parents to arrange weekly meetings and track their progress. By tutoring via an online platform, we offer flexibility for both the tutor and the student’s schedule. We use ZOOM in order to connect with students online. Tutors of Art of Learning will develop a personalized curriculum tailored to your child’s specific needs and help them understand concepts they have trouble with in order to help them build a solid foundation in their education and accelerate their learning. Each and every tutor has a 4.0+ GPA and is at the top of their class, going through an interview process simply to gain this role. Your student receiving the highest quality education is our top priority. For more information, check out the website: https://www.artoflearningsd.com/. This summer, we will also be offering a free Beginners and Intermediate Computer Science class where students will get the opportunity to learn programming logic and develop problem-solving skills using Scratch visual programming language (Beginners), or Python (Intermediate). This will be a great opportunity for your kid to get ahead in learning an essential skill that drives our tech-driven world. If you are interested in the tutoring program or have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at artoflearning.sd@gmail.com or info@slavics.org. Sign-up form

Start with getting a Social Security number and ID – identification card. What is Social Security Number? This is a federal number, and the institution that issues it is called the Social Security Administration. There are offices in every state and they should be able to help you get it. Immigrants entering the US legally may request a Social Security number when applying for a visa. If you are already legally in the United States and your visa allows you to work in the USA, you will need to visit the Social Security Department in person to apply. You can pre-fill the form on the website and then come to the Social Security office in person with the documents within 45 days of completing the application. ID cards The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) issues driver’s licenses or ID cards. It is very useful to get an ID card or driver’s license. When obtaining an ID or driver’s license, you will need to verify your address, for which you will need either a letter addressed to you at this address or a letter signed by your landlord/person with whom you live. You can find a detailed list of supporting documents on the DMV website of the state where you are located. You will be required to present a valid photo ID to access many services in the US and, in most cases, to rent an apartment, open a bank account, or apply for a job. There are several options for obtaining a photo ID, which vary depending on your immigration status and documents. Driver’s license In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, and Washington, anyone, regardless of immigration status, can obtain a driver’s license using a foreign birth certificate, foreign passport or consular card and proof of current residence in the state. State ID, non-driver identification card Each state has its own laws on how you can get an official photo ID and what documents you need to present. Start by searching your state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for non-driver identification information.

TPS form

From the lawyer: “Hi. Ukrainians who are here—as you know—- need to apply for TPS. Here is a link where they can sign up for pro-Bono legal services with an attorney who will help them fill out the form” LINK >>

Urgent dental help

Free help for Ukrainian refugees! Dr. Perry Patel kindly offered urgent dental help. He can help if you’re in pain and need a dentist ASAP. Лікар Perry Patel запропонував свої послуги стоматолога безкоштовно. Якщо у вас термінова проблема, зубний біль, він може вам допомогти: https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Perry-Patel-DDS-274086852686763

Ukrainians in California! California Dept. of Social Services released a clarification on which social aid can provide for people who came with humanitarian parole (without a sponsor). Other immigration statuses are covered in the document, but the main attention is paid to parole. There is a handy summary table at the end. Learn and know your rights! INFORMATION APPLIES TO CALIFORNIA ONLY!

San Diego CA